sponsored.html

Noel D. Torres Tan~a ndtt at ll.iac.es
Wed Jan 28 03:20:17 CET 2004

Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:

> "Noel D. Torres Tan~a" <ndtt at ll.iac.es>, Sun 25 Jan 2004 22:02 +0000:
>
> > -Will it be .wml-ized (to allow translate it)?
>
> Well, I didn't mean to.  The share/sponsored.html file will be hardly
> seen by a user for at least one good reason: the page contains the tag

> which redirects the users to the mirror homepage with a delay as short
> as possible.

User agents with slow connections show it while connecting to
http://www.guug.de/ .

> > -It is clear that it will be overwritten for each mirror webadmin.
> > But... is the intention for it to be overwritten by a similar page with
> > a refresh link, or directly substituted for a page in the webserver?
>
> By the reply above, one derives that the page is meant to be customized
> by each webadmin only once.  Then the page shouldn't be rsync.

How to avoid rsyncing it? It's in the directory where rsync works.

> > About this question, to clarify:
> > Option A for webadmins is to substitute the string http://www.guug.de/
> > with an own (or maybe two, one URL for first two occurrences and one
> > text for the last) string in the file
> > Option B for webadmins is to delete the file and substitute it for a
> > proper page or a symlink
>
> A symlink is not appropriate because the mirror homepage would then be
> <http://gnupg.mirror.org/share/sponsored.html>.  The proper way to deal
> with it IMHO is to either replace the www.guug.de occurence or use a
> Redirect directive.

I referred to a symlink inside the server, pointing to another file like
$WWWROOT/redirect.html which performs the actual redirection to the
server home page (or whichever page the webadmin wants).

Envite