sponsored.html

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Sat Jan 31 07:23:58 CET 2004

"Noel D. Torres Tan~a" <ndtt at ll.iac.es>, Wed 28 Jan 2004 03:20 +0000:

> > which redirects the users to the mirror homepage with a delay as short
> > as possible.
>
> User agents with slow connections show it while connecting to
> http://www.guug.de/ .

That's true, but I don't think it's worth translating it.  A mirror
admin would have to change N files then (where N is the number of
languages) and he will most likely use a Redirect directive.

> How to avoid rsyncing it? It's in the directory where rsync works.

There's an --exclude parater with rsync.

> I referred to a symlink inside the server, pointing to another file like
> $WWWROOT/redirect.html which performs the actual redirection to the
> server home page (or whichever page the webadmin wants).

I think one would better customize the redirecting file provided...

email: lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Jabber: lolo at linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08