[mod_gnutls-devel] mod_gnutls: HTTP2 support ?

osg at free.fr osg at free.fr
Fri Dec 8 13:01:19 CET 2017

Hi All,

As talked with dkg in #mod_gnutls I got some problem to configure HTTP2 with mod_gnutls:

I have configured a virtualhost like this:
Protocols               h2 h2c http/1.1
        #H2Push                 On
        #H2ModernTLSOnly                On
        #H2Direct               On
        GnuTLSPriorities        SECURE
        #GNUTLSExportCertificates On

curl -k --http2-prior-knowledge -v https://http2.tst.osgpcq.net
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
* ALPN, server did not agree to a protocol
.
* Using HTTP2, server supports multi-use
* Connection state changed (HTTP/2 confirmed)
* Copying HTTP/2 data in stream buffer to connection buffer after upgrade: len=0
* Using Stream ID: 1 (easy handle 0x55750c614da
.
* http2 error: Remote peer returned unexpected data while we expected SETTINGS frame.  Perhaps, peer does not support HTTP/2 properly.
* Curl_http_done: called premature == 1
* Closing connection 0
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS alert, Client hello (1):
curl: (16) Error in the HTTP2 framing layer

An another virtualhost configured with modssl works fine:
curl -k --http2-prior-knowledge -v https://tstssl.dada-support.com
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
* ALPN, server accepted to use h2
.
* Using HTTP2, server supports multi-use
* Connection state changed (HTTP/2 confirmed)
* Copying HTTP/2 data in stream buffer to connection buffer after upgrade: len=0
* Using Stream ID: 1 (easy handle 0x5624c265bda0)
.
* Curl_http_done: called premature == 0

dkg told me maybe ALPN support was not implemented.

Could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong ?
If not have you some plan to support HTTP2 ?

Best regards
Vince

PS: version used from GNU/Debian 9, and compiled version:
Paquet : apache2
Version : 2.4.25-3+deb9u3

Paquet : libapache2-mod-gnutls
Version : 0.8.2-3