[mod_gnutls-devel] mod_gnutls: HTTP2 support ?

Thomas Klute thomas2.klute at uni-dortmund.de
Wed Dec 13 08:23:17 CET 2017

Am 08.12.2017 um 13:01 schrieb osg at free.fr:
> dkg told me maybe ALPN support was not implemented.

That is definitely part of the reason. Adding ALPN is fairly simple, but
apparently not sufficient.

> Could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong ?
> If not have you some plan to support HTTP2 ?

Patches are welcome. ;-) The attached WIP patch (on top of master branch
on https://github.com/airtower-luna/mod_gnutls) adds ALPN support and
implements ssl_var_lookup() (which mod_http2 uses to check for TLS
session state). With it protocol negotiation works, but the actual
request does not. I don't know when I'll have time to find out what else
mod_http2 needs, maybe you can find it.

> PS: version used from GNU/Debian 9, and compiled version:
> Paquet : apache2
> Version : 2.4.25-3+deb9u3
>
> Paquet : libapache2-mod-gnutls
> Version : 0.8.2-3
>
> Source: mod_gnutls-0.8.3.tar.bz2

Are you using the Debian packet (0.8.2) or did you build 0.8.3 from source?