twofish without block mode...

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 22 19:55:40 CET 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:00:44 -0300 (ART), zgrp unknow said:

> Well, let's to my problem, can someone send me a basic
> example code encode and decode of twofish without
> block chipers with libgcrypt ?

Twofish is a block cipher and can't me turned into a stream cipher.
Stream ciphers are a different class of algorithm.  Well, you may use
CFB mode which has similar properties.

Why do you want to use a stream cipher at all.  Correct use of stream
ciphers isn't easy.  Before you start to do something like this you
definitely should get your hands on literature (no, Applied
Cryptography isn't enough - get Ferguson and Schneier's Practical
Cryptography).

Salam-Shalom,