compiling guix with libgcrypt from git

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Sep 12 10:07:14 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-12 at 09:24 +0200, Matthias Wachs wrote:
> Guix developers told me that I should talk to you, as gcry_md_algo_t is
> not deprecated.

I think that it was internal of libgcrypt, not external interface.

The type was removed when AC interface was removed in 2011-09-15.
The commit diff is:

    http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=libgcrypt.git;a=commitdiff;h=fc9eec3626fcb9a3d4043d779462c4fc39cd51ae

Documentation says:

 -- Function: gcry_error_t gcry_md_open (gcry_md_hd_t *HD, int ALGO,
          unsigned int FLAGS)
     Create a message digest object for algorithm ALGO.  FLAGS may be
     given as an bitwise OR of constants described below.  ALGO may be
     given as `0' if the algorithms to use are later set using
     `gcry_md_enable'. HD is guaranteed to either receive a valid
     handle or NULL.

Here, ALGO's type is integer.  It is not gcry_md_algo_t.