Testing ECC signatures

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 25 20:51:16 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:51, dbaryshkov at gmail.com said:

> "random-override" value (like it is done for several RSA padding modes).
> However I see no simple way to pass that further to ecc_sign (in my
> case) function.

For ECC I suggest to use the rfc6979 flag, which creates deterministic
signatures.

> interface changes to
> move S-Exp processing directly to algorithms (if I understood
> correctly andthat is
> the way the code base currently moves)?

Yes, that is what I am working on.

In general I don't like the idea of having a feature to override random,
because that could easily slip into the real code path.  But sometimes
these things are required for certification purposes.

Salam-Shalom,