Distribution of binary

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Dec 13 01:19:53 CET 2018

Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com> wrote:
> But there might be people who don't have a GnuK yet and might want to
> experiment with a Maple Mini with GnuK.

In that case... how about some procedure like this?

   * Give (or sell) a Maple Mini (factory setup) to your friend.

   * Offer a service of flashing Gnuk on behalf of your friend,
     in person

That is, it is your friend who flashes Gnuk onto her own board, while
you help that.

In this scenario, I think that it could be considered as:
no distribution of binary occurs.

It is the best when she uses her own notebook computer to flash the
board, but it would be also OK her using your notebook computer
(directly or indirectly).  At least, I don't mind.  It's acceptable for
me.  Even if it's all you who type in commands to flash, when it's done
by her will, it's OK for me.

For your using your notebook computer while it's completely out of
control by her... that would be considered distribution of binary from
you to her.

That's my interpretation and thought.