UI

Edward S. Marshall emarshal at logic.net
Mon Nov 9 19:51:24 CET 1998

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Holger Schurig wrote:
> However, we can make them much more human-friendly if we look if stdin
> is a TTY and emit a nice message. If the program is used as a filter,
> then stdin is not bound to a TTY. The case that someone types in text
> directly into GnuPG is very, very rare.

Strongly disagree. This prevents me from cutting and pasting text to GPG
in an xterm, telnet window, or on the Linux console, which I do with
startling regularity. ;-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal at logic.net> />  Who would have thought that we  -o)
http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/        // would be freed from the Gates of  /\\

   Linux labyrinth 2.1.125 #9 SMP Sat Oct 17 14:46:24 CDT 1998 i586 unknown
       7:50pm up 10 days, 19:28, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00