Lost Newbie

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Sun Oct 4 16:09:59 CEST 1998

Richard Lynch <lynch at lscorp.com> writes:

> I was rather hoping to use the key ring to store multiple personalities I
> use.  webmaster at uncommonground.com, webmaster at jademaze.com,
> webmaster at astrakelly.com, webmaster at olivierledoux.com,
> lynch at cognitivearts.com, etc...

Why don't you use alternate user ids for this?

> I'm still on v0.3.5 'cuz I haven't bothered my ISP to recompile yet... so
> if -r is just behaving oddly because of that... sorry.

PLEASE: Tell your ISP to remove gnupg if he can't switch to 0.4.0!!!!!

And I don't think it is a good idea to use gnupg on a remote
machine and store the secret keyring there.  If you are only doing
this for test purposes (Say you don't have a Unix box on your desk),
please mark your keys with a comment TEST, INSECURE or EVALUATION.

Nobody would trust any of your keysignatures if you don't have control
over your secret keyring.