bug: output from decrypting clearsigned text has CR's inserted into it

Erik Rossen rossen at freesurf.ch
Mon Nov 8 06:42:10 CET 1999

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Frank Tobin wrote:
> I've noticed this also, and have included methods to work around it in
> pgpenvelope, another Pine filter.

Me too.  For the moment I am deleting all CRs with tr(1).  Here is the
relevant portion of my .pinerc, in case anyone here is interested:

# This variable takes a list of programs that message text is piped into
# after MIME decoding, prior to display.
display-filters=_LEADING("-----BEGIN PGP")_ /usr/local/bin/pgp4pine -d -i _TMPFILE_ ; /bin/cat _TMPFILE_ | /usr/bin/tr -d '\015' > _TMPFILE_

# This defines a program that message text is piped into before MIME
# encoding, prior to sending
sending-filters=/usr/local/bin/pgp4pine -e -i _TMPFILE_ -r _RECIPIENTS_

Erik Rossen                         ^
rossen at freesurf.ch                 /e\
http://www.multimania.com/rossen   ---