Will DSS keys still be preferred over RSA in a few months?

Pete Chown Pete.Chown at skygate.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 18:47:37 CEST 2000

Frank Tobin wrote:

> I don't forsee there being any real favorites.  There are real no strong
> reasons to favor RSA over ElGamal/DSA or vice versa.

While what you say is true, IMHO it is still a good idea to split
signing and encryption keys.  By all means use RSA for both if you
want to.  It would not, however, be a good idea to go back to the PGP
2 model where keys have dual roles.

Of course, DSA keys give shorter signatures while RSA keys are faster.

--
Pete