no info to logger when importing keys --no-tty

Frank Tobin ftobin at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 23 08:02:45 CEST 2000

Using GnuPG 1.0.2, and importing a key with the command:

gpg --no-tty --logger-fd 1 --import key

I get no output, even though the importing-relevant information should be
sent to fd 1 (stdout).

On the other hand:

gpg --logger-fd 1 --import key

Does print out the relevant information to the logger filehandle.

The problem is rooted in the fact that no-tty is used to set opt.quiet
(also set by --quiet) in g10.c, which I don't think concides with the
behaviour in the manpage, which doesn't mention anything about no-tty
reducing output.

Hence, I think an appropriate solution is to have:

srh0902 ~/src/gnupg/gnupg-1.0.2/g10> diff g10.c.orig g10.c
759c759
<         case oNoTTY: opt.quiet = 1; tty_no_terminal(1); break;
---

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/