Sig classification (was Re: discussion on increasing amount of gpg signatures...)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Oct 15 05:48:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 12:24:27AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 07:01:16PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
>
> > > Also, it would be
> > > nice if there were no space between the "sig" and the digit as in
> > > current output.
>
> > Try a --check-sigs.  That space is taken for the sig status character.
>
> That's what I was thinking of :-) .  At present there's no space before
> any extra data on the type of entity being listed.  With your patch this
> would change.  Not that one ought to be attempting machine parsing of
> the output of anything not --with-colons, but anyway.

Ah, I understand now.  Hmm.  It's easy enough to move it over by one
if there is no sig status, but don't you think that would make it
harder to read rather than easier?  The eye wouldn't be able to just
look in the same place each time.

I'm also toying with a patch to show various informative flags in that
area (an "L" for a local signature, a "P" for a policy URL, "N" for a
notation, etc).

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/