bug#1154: BUG: gpg CVS tress fail to build as documented

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 18 14:23:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:52:48 -0700, Hugh Daniel said:

>   Werner, honestly this is pitiful.  I reported a bug that is quite
> real and simple to reproduce (happens with ALL RedHat-7.2 systems, one

I can't reproduce this bug because I am not using RedHat.  The use of
autoconf/automake/CVS is not trivial; you should have noticed in the
logs you send with the a bug report that a lot of autoconf macros are
missing.  Please try again with a decent installation of these tools
and in case of problems ask here for advice.

There is a reason that we make tarballs available.

>   Please consider a more 'engineering' style of development where
> user bug reports are more seriously valued and investigated. Your

CVS versions are considered to be used by developers; so I see no
reason to file this as a bug.

> to do quality software as I am getting privately ridiculed by other
> security folks for even still BOTHERING to try to work with you and

Please use the lists.  I can't give you special treatment all the
time.

Salaam-Shalom,