Mingw32 startup?

elf at buici.com elf at buici.com
Thu Aug 8 17:04:02 CEST 2002

The easiest way to get started with mingw is to install cygwin32 on a
Windows development machine.  See <http://sources.redhat.com>.  Try
something simple first.

The important compiler switch is -mno-cygwin which disables the Cygnus
compatibility library.  When you compile for mingw, you won't have
access to all of the convenient POSIX API entry points.  You also may
need to set the --subsystem linker switch.