Bernd Eckenfels lists at lina.inka.de
Thu Nov 7 01:14:01 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:17:17AM +0000, Noel D. Torres Taño wrote:
> Simply I don't want to use e-mail.

Is this a personal statement, or do you have an reason for this? There is no
problem to use an web based timestamp service, but you will only feel the
advantage if you do real time stuff.

> I want a timestamp in a png file that
> is a copy of a photo I took my wife in the bed with another man. Then, I
> can present the court the photo, the negative to assure that the photo
> is real and not altered, and the timestamped png photo file to proof
> that the photo existed at least since the timestamp date. That way my
> wife can't say her relation was a response to a previous
> extramatrimonial relation helded by me.

What is wrong with doing a detached signature on that PNG file and send the
detached signature to stamper (clear service) which will send you back an
email where you find stampers signature providing you with an reliable
certificate about the point in time you actually had created the detached
signature.

That way you can present the GPG message ad the PNG and you have the same
"proof" than your other solution would give.

Main advantage for the time stamping serive: much easier to set up because
it highly scales.

Greetings
Bernd