Translations are not displayed correctly

Gordon Worley redbird at rbisland.cx
Sat Feb 22 16:58:02 CET 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 12:39 AM, David Shaw wrote:

> GnuPG doesn't do any translation / encoding work itself at all.
> Rather, it uses Gettext (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/) for
> everything.  Output shouldn't necessarily be in UTF-8 unless that is
> what the user requests.
>
> Hmm.  Here's a guess - does OS X have its own copy of gettext?  If so,
> perhaps it isn't working properly for some reason.  GnuPG will use the
> system gettext if possible, so what happens if you override that and
> build GnuPG with "./configure --with-included-gettext" ?

Nope, it's still not working.  What I can do is switch to ISO Latin 1,
and then the localizations will display correctly, but then I can't
view the UTF-8 output from decoded messages with 8-bit characters.

--
Gordon Worley - Mac GPG Project
http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/              ``Doveriai no proveriai.''