Suggestion - listing options

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 8 18:53:44 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:17:35PM +0100, St?phane Corth?sy wrote:
> The idea of gpgconf seems interesting, as it is not targeted only to
> gpg but all other commands.

Indeed, plus it will provide information about the arguments to options
(which type), plus writing support, plus verification before committment.

> Markus, will you provide an interface to it
> in gpgme? (personally I can wait, I already have my own parser and I
> need some more important features to be added to gpgme first, as well
> as bug fixes ;-)

No, gpgconf is orthogonal and supplemental to GPGME.  It's our intention to
make its out- and input format easy to parse and process.  See the file
tools/README.gpgconf for more details.  Maybe a small libgpgconf could be
written, to provide a more convenient framework.  We have no plans to do so,
but who says we have to write all the code :), plus, the format is really
simple and all the work will have to be put into the GUI, which of course
varies.

Thanks,
Marcus

--