Cross compilation of gpgme on Fedora Core 4

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 26 20:42:08 CEST 2005

At Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:00:55 +0800,
"Srinivasan S" <ssrini at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.  I found that all my ming binaries had the prefix i586-mingw32 whereas the compile script was looking for i586-mingw32msvc and was not finding it.
>
> I edited autogen.sh to call ./configure with the parameter --host set to i586-mingw32  THis fixed everything and the compilation was successful.  Thanks a lot.
> One final question .. the output of this build seems to be the gpgme.a file in the .libs directory.  Is that it ?  Or do I get a dll ?  DO i need to build with any other parameters.
>
> Your attention and help to this matter is greatly appreciated.

If you use --build-w32, you get only a static DLL.

Frankly, I think --build-w32 should only be used by Werner ;)
Everybody else should just invoke configure with the right --host
option and any other options they want to use, taking standard cross
compilation configuration into account.

Since I went through our packages and applied some small patches,
there is absolutely nothing unusual about cross compiling for a ming
target.  --build-w32 might work for you, or you may use it as a start
for your own experiments, but my personal recommendation is to just do
it the conventional way.

Thanks,
Marcus