High performance GnuPG - Assuan interface to g10?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat May 27 13:41:15 CEST 2006

At Fri, 19 May 2006 22:18:24 -0700,
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 at gentoo.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to get a high performance GnuPG going - using pgme just isn't
> cutting it - the repeated execv overhead is killing me.

As Werner said, we are aware of the problem, and definitely want the
server mode.

In addition to what Werner said, we also want to make use of the
server mode from GPGME.  After that is done, there will only be one
execv invocation per context --- sequential operations in the same
context will not need to respawn.

The basic infrastructure for this is already in place for a long time,
at least for GPGSM, and no changes to GPGME applications will be
necessary (unless they create a new context for every operation of
course :).

Thanks,
Marcus