gpgme: how to interpret signature.status / documentation problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 4 10:33:47 CEST 2008

On Thu,  3 Jul 2008 20:12, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> What I cannot find the constants defined in gpgme.
> The documentation seems outdate. How to I interpret the status values?
> (I would want a string representation as well, if possible.) :)

They are provided by libgpg-error.  Use

     gpg_err_code (err) == GPG_ERR_FOO

to compare an error code and

     printf ("%s (in module %s)\n", gpg_strerror (err), gpg_strsource (err));

to print it.  The constants are in gpg-error.h and you may use the
utility gpg-error to decode and print an error code on the command line:

$ gpg-error  0x2a
42 = (0, 42) = (GPG_ERR_SOURCE_UNKNOWN, GPG_ERR_TRIBUTE_TO_D_A) = (Unspecified source, Tribute to D. A.)

Salam-Shalom,