gpgme: how to interpret signature.status / documentation problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 4 10:48:09 CEST 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 10:33, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu,  3 Jul 2008 20:12, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > What I cannot find the constants defined in gpgme.
> > The documentation seems outdate. How to I interpret the status values?
> > (I would want a string representation as well, if possible.) :)
>
> They are provided by libgpg-error.  Use
>
>      gpg_err_code (err) == GPG_ERR_FOO
>
> to compare an error code and
>
>      printf ("%s (in module %s)\n", gpg_strerror (err), gpg_strsource
> (err));
>
> to print it.  The constants are in gpg-error.h and you may use the
> utility gpg-error to decode and print an error code on the command line:
>
> $ gpg-error  0x2a
> 42 = (0, 42) = (GPG_ERR_SOURCE_UNKNOWN, GPG_ERR_TRIBUTE_TO_D_A) =
> (Unspecified source, Tribute to D. A.)

Ah, cool. So do you agree that the documentation is outdated at
this? I saw the libgpg-error as one possibility, but I've missed the hint
that I should interpret the status value of the signature in this sense,
especially because there are other constants listed in the .texi file.

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)