pgp.mit.edu upgrading to SKS

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jul 3 00:28:00 CEST 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Thu,  2 Jul 2009 15:42, john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au said:
>
>> It might be of more than passing interest to readers of this list to
>> know that pgp.mit.edu migrated from PKS 0.9.6 to SKS 1.1.0 today.
>
> Really great.  This should finally fix one of the major problems with
> the keyservers.

Indeed.  Now we just need to lean on the few remaining PKS
installations and get them switch, or even just shut down altogether.
I hate to reduce the number of keyservers out there, but at this
point, we have a lot of subkey-safe servers, and losing a few non-safe
ones isn't the end of the world.

David