1024-3072 bit OpenPGP cards

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Sat Jul 18 11:54:05 CEST 2009

reflum,

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 11:26 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
>  2) Always ask for the key size and use as default the current size.
>     Show a warning notice if the user entered a different size.
>
>  3) Same as 2 but do this only with --expert.
>
>  4) Add a new command "keysize" to manually set the keysize for each
>     key.  Print a warning notice before key generation if the key sizes
>     of the card are not all the same and tell the user about the keysize
>     command.

I vote for 3+4:
while using --expert you get asked every time, this is good for experts
as they know the problems. But as --expert is normaly the wrong way^(TM)
there need to be a better way to set it, even without --expert. This may
be done by a additioal command (btw. I would use something including
'card' in the command name).

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)