AGP on Android

Milo gnupg at oneiroi.net
Mon Aug 16 23:52:07 CEST 2010

On 08/16/2010 11:13 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> On 8/16/2010 3:52 PM, Milo wrote:
>> No conclusion needed here, right?
>
> The HTC G1 isn't the three-year-old handheld I'm thinking of.  I'm
> thinking of bargain basement Windows Mobile devices that were given away
> for free with contract signups.  I'm also thinking of el-cheapo
> handhelds sold in the developing world, which in order to keep prices
> down skip such niceties as DSPs.
>
> Are there three-year-old handhelds that can do the job?  Sure.  Is it
> reasonable to think _most_ three-year-old handhelds can do the job?
> That seems like a bold claim.  I'll need to see supporting evidence.

I'm getting your point but remember that we are talking about
Android-capable devices (well, at least this was Bernhard's point I
think) - and I bet that most of these are equal or stronger in terms of
processing power then G1 (this was first widely available Android hw
platform).

There is another thing to mention - data transmission security is
Ahillean heel of modern mobile phone networks. For couple of reasons
operators don't care or don't want to provide it (same for - all? -
mobile OSes vendors). It would be nice to push this topic further
(despite some potential difficulties - like one mentioned by you)
because not much is happening on this field.

--
Regards,
Milo