Including gpgme.h fails with i686-mingw-w64

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Apr 5 18:43:50 CEST 2011

Hi,
At Dienstag, 5. April 2011 17:52:12 Werner Koch wrote:
> We simply don't support 64 bit windows - yet.
I do not suggest that i just wanted to point out that your ssize_t definition
differs there.

> I can only suggest to stick to the version we are using.  This is the
> only guarantee that things are working.  We can't support multiple
> incompatible versions of that toolchain.  You should also be aware that
> with each release they replace Windows defined function by their own
> functions which sometimes breaks assumption we need to make about
> windows bugs and in the end results in new bugs.

Maybe there is a missunderstanding here, I do not whish to compile gpgme with
mingw-w64. I do not even build gnupg for windows at all but take the binaries
that are provided by gpg4win but i need to be able to link libgpgme and for
that i need to be able to include the correct header files.

I understand your point about making as few assumptions as possible and
defining your own types. But wouldn't it then be better named gpgme_ssize_t ?
Can there be a check if ssize_t is already defined instead of having a
conflicting definition of a system type in a header file?

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/