pinentry suggestion

Wed May 18 00:08:01 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011, 22:54:43 schrieb John Wyzer:
> It would be very helpful to include a very dumbed down call trace listing
> the programs that lead to the passphrase being required.
>
> Does that sound sensible?

We had a discussion some time ago after I had asked for something similar: I
wanted to be noticed when a cached passphrase is used.

That was denied with the argument that there was no security gain in it (but
rather an illusion of additional security) because desktop environments and
even OSes have so many security problems that it would be easy for a malicious
process to fake such a notice.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814