pinentry for Android questions

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Mar 7 00:22:56 CET 2012

I'm trying to work out how best to implement pinentry for Android.  Right now I'm thinking that it would be easiest to having a 'pinentry-android' which just launches the PassphraseEntry Activity (an core Android GUI class), then have the Java code reply to the UNIX socket using assuan.

Another possibility is having the Java code write a temp file with the response.

Any examples out there to draw from?  Any suggestions along these lines?

.hc

As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin