Building master - feedback/notes

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Tue Apr 16 23:05:42 CEST 2013

Just built master to be able to play with an ECC key, so I can help out
with some keyserver issues.  Some small notes:

 * build fails because of no rule to generate doc/DCO which is not in
   git; I suspect it was missed in a git add but exists on a developer's
   box?

 * building libcommon fails with unresolved symbols for libiconv_close
   and friends; shoving -liconv into LDFLAGS at ./configure time works
   around this

 * fig2dev could do with being called out as a build dependency; that in
   turn requires a bunch of X11 framework, so I bailed, copied the .fig
   file to a machine with fig2dev installable, generated the targets,
   copied back, and proceeded

   The fig.jpg rule invokes "fig2dev -L jpg" but fig2dev barfs on that,
   because the graphics language is called "jpeg" not "jpg";
   "fig2dev Version 3.2 Patchlevel 5d", and I suspect that it doesn't
   matter because the .jpg just isn't used and it's a stale Makefile
   rule.

Other than the fact that I also need a "cp" which takes the "-a" option,
which I could hack around autogen.sh for, everything else went smoothly.

Thanks,
-Phil