How to help with GnuPG documentation?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Sep 8 02:07:46 CEST 2013

On 9/7/2013 2:30 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> To avoid breaking links to the existing FAQ, we should keep the
> anchors which are already known.  Those answers might be moved to an
> old-stuff section andd updated with a link to a more appropriate
> Q+A.

I'll see about making a first stab at this.

> Well, I would like to change to org-mode.

It's already in org-mode.  Or, rather, it's in a *really* kludged up XML
that I convert to org-mode via a Python script (which is part of the git
repo).

> I can do that conversion if you agree to make org-mode the new source
> format.

There are reasons to prefer XML right now -- basically, it makes it much
easier for me to keep a table of contents together.  But yes, it was
always my understanding that it would be submitted as org-mode text.

> I would also very much like to have the FAQ under a dual license
> CC-by-sa 3.0 unported and GPLv2+.  This allows to reuse it in
> Wikipedia other manuals as well as in GPL code.

Point.  I can see about making that change.  Since I'm the only author,
relicensing isn't a problem.

> We could keep that and add the copyright lines for all mentioned
> persons with you listed first.

It's not important to me that I be listed first -- just that I be
listed.  :)