How to help with GnuPG documentation?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 18 15:15:15 CEST 2013

On Sun,  8 Sep 2013 02:07, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:
> On 9/7/2013 2:30 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
>> To avoid breaking links to the existing FAQ, we should keep the
>> anchors which are already known.  Those answers might be moved to an
>> old-stuff section andd updated with a link to a more appropriate
>> Q+A.
>
> I'll see about making a first stab at this.

Okay.  Do not put too much work into it.

> It's already in org-mode.  Or, rather, it's in a *really* kludged up XML
> that I convert to org-mode via a Python script (which is part of the git
> repo).

Yes, I rembered that only after my mail.

> There are reasons to prefer XML right now -- basically, it makes it much
> easier for me to keep a table of contents together.  But yes, it was
> always my understanding that it would be submitted as org-mode text.

org-mode does the content for free and modern versions also have an
index feature.

>> CC-by-sa 3.0 unported and GPLv2+.  This allows to reuse it in
>> Wikipedia other manuals as well as in GPL code.
>
> Point.  I can see about making that change.  Since I'm the only author,
> relicensing isn't a problem.

That would really be great.

Given that our HOWTOs are way too old, we should have at least a decent
FAQ.  I would even like to send an announcement as soon as we have it
online.

Our disagreement over PGP/MIME can be discussed after the release of
your FAQ.

Shalom-Salam,