Most GnuPG 2.1.1 tests fail on Solaris 10

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 18 21:35:53 CET 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:41, laurent at elanor.org said:

> Like: «WARNING: the total path length of the gpg-agent socket is
> longer than 107, that may prevent it from starting».

Frankly, I have not seen that error message before you reported it.
Yes, this case should have a better warning.

> Would it be possible to eg use a directory in /tmp?

Switching just for running the tests to /tmp/somewhere could be done
with some effort.  However, there is an easeier way:

  mkdir /tmp/$USER/gnupg-build
  cd /tmp/$USER/gnupg-build
  $HOME/src/gnupg-2.1.1/configure
  make

This does a VPATH (out-of-source-tree) build in /tmp/$USER/gnupg-build
and thus the socket name should fit.

Actually I am always using VPATH builds because that allows to build for
different platforms and versions from the same source directory.  My
usual directory layout is:

  ~/s/gnupg/
  ~/s/libgcrypt/
  ~/b/gnupg
  ~/b-w32/gnupg
  ~/b/libgcrypt
  ~/b-w32/libgcrypt
  ~/b/gnupg-2.0
  ~/b/gnupg-1.4

The last two are used to build the other branches (after the
corresponding git checkout in s/gnupg).

Salam-Shalom,