backporting fixes from master

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 9 12:38:40 CET 2015

On Fri,  9 Jan 2015 01:19, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> Reviewing fixes in the master branch since 2.1.0, I backported
> following change to 2.0 and 1.4.

Thanks.

> And I think that following eight fixes should be backported to 2.0.

Yep.  That also raises the questions on how we can best track patches
which need to be back- or forward ported.  In the bug tracker we have a
"backport" tag but this requires manual inspection to see for which
branch this is relvant and where it has already been done.  And not all
things end up in the tracker.

Adding a "Backport: yes/maybe" line to the commit messages would be the
easiest solution but we won't hav a way to mark that as done.

Using a Wiki would be an easy ad-hoc solution.

I am not sure how to handle this.  A more formal use of the bug tracker
is likely the best solution.

> Out of eight, six fixes can be just "git cherry-pick"-ed.

I assume you take them.

Shalom-Salam,