Hang in scdaemon or pcsc-wrapper on Yosemite

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 14 17:16:14 CET 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:42, lukele at gpgtools.org said:

> In order to find out what’s going on we were trying to connect to a
> debug build of scdaemon and pcsc-wrapper. Unfortunately though,as soon
> as the debugger is connected, scdaemon as well as the pcsc-wrapper
> exit due to a SIGPIPE signal.

scdaemon can't die due to a SIGPIPE because the handler has been set to
SIG_IGN.  pcsc-wrapper may die though.

I assume your problem is with the pth library.  Note that pth uses a
signal for its own (IIRC, SIGUSR2) and thus you need to tell the
debugger to pass that signal through.   Some debuggers have problems
with pth; gdb works fine.

> Also if anyone knows what might lead to a hang in scdaemon, that
> information would be very valuable as well.

Use strace/truss etc to debug such problems.

Salam-Shalom,