GPGME pyme branch ready to merge with master

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon May 18 16:10:17 CEST 2015

On Sat 2015-05-16 16:26:26 -0400, Ben McGinnes wrote:

> 	As the subject indicates, the pyme branch in the GPGME repo is
> ready to be merged with master.  It will almost certainly produce a
> bunch of PEP8 complaints about trailing whitespace, but this is
> primarily due to checking files it shouldn't be checking, like the
> license files, documentation and the big one is the text copy of the
> decade or so of Python 2 PyME commit logs.

Is there a reason to keep the trailing whitespace in the commit logs,
license files, and documentation?  If there's no reason that we need it,
i would say clear it out so that legit PEP8 complaints don't get lost in
the noise.

(i personally see no problem with "altering the historical record" of
commit logs by stripping trailing whitespace as long as it's documented
clearly in the revision control history)

    --dkg