How to obtain a OpenPGP Card manufacturer id?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 25 11:45:29 CEST 2016

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 16:40, info at chrisheitkamp.de said:

> Is there an official way to obtain an manufacturer id from the FSF Europe?

I am maintaining this for the FSF Europe anyway, so the easiest way is
to write me ;-).  Usually we like to have a snail address like

  warpzone e.V.
  Am Hawerkamp 31
  48155 Münster

and a contact mail for our files.

> If yes I would pleased, if 0x2342 is assigned to us.

Well, you asked, it is not used, and the list is anyway short.  Thus I
have now registered *0x2342 for warpzone e.v.*

> Or should I use the unmanaged S/N range (FF00..FFFE)?

If now hackerspaces start to ask too often ID, I may eventually suggest
to either use that range or share a new range range between hackerspaces
and use an hackerspaces internal registry.  I do not want that
gnupg/g10/card-util.c turns into a hackerspace registry.

Shalom-Salam,