gpg 2.1.x can't retrieve any keys from any keyservers, gpg 2.0.x can ?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Nov 30 22:48:02 CET 2016

On 30/11/16 22:13, lists at ssl-mail.com wrote:
> The project wants help from users, but when 'we' do, there's the same old mantra about money ...

Is this due to the unfortunate way I phrased that sentence? I'm sorry if
I offended you by putting it so awkwardly. When you type a sentence, you
hear it in your head, with its intended inflection. You don't always
notice what is lost when only the written word gets across.

However, any help you /offered/ was very abstract, I have to say. Nobody
has come forward with this problem before, as far as I know you're the
only one having this issue. The help would be that if the situation is
understood and dealt with, nobody else will in the future encounter this
specific problem.

It seems to me you were asking for help, not giving help. So I get a bit
of a nasty taste in my mouth when you describe a project I hold dear[1]
in the way you just did. I think it is undeserved. Not in the last place
that if I prompted that statement, it shouldn't reflect on the GnuPG
project, me not being involved and such.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your problem fixed.

Cheers,

Peter.

[1] I'm just a hobbyist interested in the subject and the software, I
don't work on or with GnuPG professionally.