[GPGME] python t-quick-key-manipulation.py fails

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:29:51 CEST 2017

On 11 April 2017 at 12:24, Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 11 April 2017 10:21:54 Justus Winter wrote:
> > This part of the test should probably be skipped if TOFU is not
> > supported, but I don't know how to check that from GPGME.  I'll have a
> > look at the qt test for TOFU for inspiration.
>
> I don't know a proper way either. The Qt test just bails out if even a simple
> keylisting fails in the environment that has trust-model tofu+pgp. But I don't
> consider this a big problem for Applications / users of GPGME because it's
> basically the users fault if he has a GnuPG without tofu support (probably
> self compiled) and then activates this trust model.
>
> I even considered keeping the test failing in that case to show "Ok you have a
> setup where some things just don't work." but as GPGME should support all
> GnuPG versions I disabled it to avoid problems in such a case.

How can it be user fault if gnupg formally supports --disable-tofu?
Tests should succeeded or skipped based on enabled features of gnupg.
In Gentoo we are trying to support package configuration to allow
choice of what features to enable, gnupg is included.
Please skip tests and not fail if a valid supported feature is disabled.

Thanks,
Alon