GSoC 2018

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Dec 10 20:00:34 CET 2017

On Sat,  9 Dec 2017 22:23, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> I think there are a few bite-sized projects that would work well for
> GSoC.  Porting the default Win32 passphrase dialog to Qt 5 or Gtk+3, for
> instance, as the current one is looking kind of ugly and clunky.

Actually there is no need to port it because gpg4win already provided
them (GTK+-2, though, but that is just a minor thing).  The vanilla
installer from gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/binary does not come with Qt or GTK
pinentries for the simple reason that this requires to deliver huge
amounts of GUI framework stuff (binary and source) for just a single
simple GUI applications (pinentry).  The speedo build script once did
this but I removed it because it does not make sense to add all this
stuff to the GnuPG (backend) installer.

I already looked into FLTK to provide a better Pinentry while keeping
the size of the installer small.  I think that will be possible but
needs more work.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
I will not be available to help any Google recruitment program.