gpg --card-status always create proxy private keys

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:57:35 CET 2017

On 14 February 2017 at 21:53, Kristian Fiskerstrand
<kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com> wrote:
> On 02/13/2017 10:49 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> Maybe instead of "card-edit/generate" there should be "card-edit/use
>> existing" or something?
>
> This discussion might relate to [issue1734] , the smartcard already
> store sufficient information to generate it already (timestamp of
> generation for proper fingerprint in calculation) , not sure if you find
> anything useful in

Actually, now every time you insert your card the shadow is created.
However, there is no way to reuse this key (even if has no public key)
to any use.
I am unsure I understood this [issue1734], you are right that these
are similar, both would like to reuse existing key but maybe to
different purposes.