zstd compression

John Skopis john at skopis.com
Sun Apr 8 17:02:48 CEST 2018

I am admittedly unfamiliar with the history here. Can I ask what made bzip2
controversial?

>From my uniformed vantage point, it seems that a better algorithm is
available so we should be using it.

I would like to understand why what we have now is "good enough". Is there
some other reason we can't use a different library?

I am not interested in fighting with an IETF WG but I would like to
understand their viewpoint.

Thanks,
John