Compiling on DEC Alpha

Thomas Roessler roessler@guug.de
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:07:08 +0100

On 1999-11-12 06:46:51 -0800, Pit . wrote:

> >It runs fine on a ALPHA using GNU/Linux and gcc (3 or 4 different
> >versions). So I guess that there is some problem with the
> >optimization. Please try to disable optimization at all (CFLAGS="..."
> >./configure ....).
Sorry that I'm jumping into this thread out of context. But you may wish to notice that one of the current gcc versions (I think 2.95.1, does this make sense?) produces bad code when using the -O2 optimization switch on the Alpha. Mutt recently got bitten by this one. -- http://www.guug.de/~roessler/