Using gpg for french law

Anthony David adavid@deetya.gov.au
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:15:13 +1000 (EST)

In order... What is capable of 3584 bits? Generally for a public-key algorithm it is a total waste of effort. Twofish is designed for and submitted as an AES candidate See http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/ .There are other candidates that each have their merits (except possibly MARS) A 128bit session key is far beyond what is required for security against a brute-force attack. Somewhere around 90bits is sufficient. Check out how long distrubuted.net has been spinning cycles for to crack a 64bit RC5 key. Forgive my ignorance, but what does your compression of keys question refer to?
> With that in mind why not max out what blowfish is able to do. Have you
> heard of GnuPG supporting big keys? PGP will do 16K now. I know it is
> almost rediculus that we need that key I was nust wondering it is was
> compatable.
Why bother. PGP doing 16kbits is, as I said, a total waste of effort and is more for marketing than practical use.

-- ========================================================= Gambling: A discretionary tax on | Anthony David those who were asleep during high | Systems Administrator school mathematics classes | -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org