tracing trust paths

Huels, Ralf KSV Ralf.Huels@schufa.de
17 Nov 2000 08:29:44 +0100

> I traced a path of signatures from Steve Wozniak to myself (5 hops).
> It was a slow manual process. I know gpg does path tracing for its
> internal use, but is it possible to ask it to tell me a path from one
> key to another ?
I think --list-trust-path does something to that effect, though I don´t know if you can use it for two arbitrary keys. Also, I think you´ll need all keys in the path already on your key-ring. I wrote a perl program to backtrace the signators of a given key, list them by number of hops, and retrieve missing keys, if necessary. It can also produce data for graph visualization. It´s at http://www.teleute.ping.de/pgp/graph . That script is slightly buggy (as I noticed soon after I announced it here :-(, but I´ll mail you a corrected version, if you´re interested. I´ll have the correction up on the web site in a few days. Tschüß, Ralf -- Ralf Hüls Bismarckplatz KSV Kreditschutz-Vereinigung GmbH 44866 Bochum Score-Consult Tel. 02327/9114-28 http://www.schufa.de/ Fax. 02327/8 40 27 -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org