Compilation Issues

Wayne Davis waynesdavis@netscape.net
9 Oct 00 11:37:50 CDT

I'm working on a HP-UX 11.0 system.

In util/iobuf.c, there are several blocks of code prefixed by

#if defined (HAVE_FOPEN64) && defined (HAVE_FSTAT64)

The lines/blocks in question generate the following errors:

iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_open':
iobuf.c:601: warning: implicit declaration of function `fopen64'
iobuf.c:601: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_create':
iobuf.c:670: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_append':
iobuf.c:703: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_openrw':
iobuf.c:730: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_fopen':
iobuf.c:769: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
iobuf.c: In function `iobuf_get_filelength':
iobuf.c:1327: storage size of `st' isn't known
iobuf.c:1335: warning: implicit declaration of function `fstat64'
iobuf.c:1327: warning: unused variable `st'
make[2]: *** [iobuf.o] Error 1

I looked in sys/stat.h and found they were using _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE around
the definitions for fstat64(), etc.

When I add the test for _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to the tests in util/iobuf.c,

#if defined(_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE) && defined (HAVE_FOPEN64) && defined
(HAVE_FSTAT64)

it compiles and the executable seems to work.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about this condition and am I missing
any functionality?

Wayne