rijndael implementation

John Saylor jsaylor@mediaone.net
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:32:26 -0400

Hi

This may be an instance, where if you don't know how- don't mess, but
I'll ask anyway.

Being inquisitive, and aware, I noted the new AES. I downloaded the c
code from ftp:gnuug.org [the link on the top page points to something
that doesn't exist], and compiled it.

I put it in /usr/local/lib/gnupg along with tiger rndegd rndunix.

I tried to encrypt something with it, but it failed.
92 $ gpg -e --cipher-algo rijndael doc/josh_story.txt
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: selected cipher algorithm is invalid

So can some kind sould point out what I did wrong, or where to read
about how one goes about incorporating a new cipher into the program?

--
\js

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
-Will Rogers
(contributed by Chris Johnston)