RSA support

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:22:39 +0100

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Wesley J Landaker wrote:

> Actually, the license for IDEA isn't really as restrictive as soft
> people have made it sound. IDEA is completely free and doesn't require
> a license for any personal, education, or non-profit use. The only time
That is not true - read the stuff Ascom has to say about it in the idea.c module and elesewhere. The gratis usage of IDEA is very limited - according to some discussons a few years ago, you are even not allowed to use this for private tasks on a box which you also use for business stuff. And the "or" in you list of usage patterns should be replaced by "and". However, the main reason why we can't put IDEA into a GPLed program is that it would violates the GPL (cf. section 7). Werner -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org