Can't send complete key to servers

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Apr 13 21:34:01 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Ben Paul Wise wrote:

> Is there a way to put keys on a server so that people get them with the
> picture? If the protocol allows it, then what am I doing wrong?
I guess you mean what I call Photo ID and NAI calls Biometric Indetification Packet. This is not part of OpenPGP and violates the standard. They use a packet number which is neither assigned by OpenPG nor in the range for private extensons. GnuPG has some minimal support for it but due to lacking specs for that packet there is nothing more we know. IMHO, the keyserver behaves correctly if it drops these packets. I have not expected that they can handle it at all and assume that the won't drop the binding signature for the PhotoID so that you have at leas one invalid signature - well I am not sure of course. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus