Piping stdout to more or less?

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop@panisse.lbl.gov
Mon Aug 27 02:41:02 2001

> > things don't work as they ought to. I don't see the prompt for the
> > password; this is unsurprising, since it's probably lost somewhere in the
> > pipe. I type my passphrase, and then the cleartext is priunted to
> > the
>
> I never seen such problems and I am using it regulary.
I switched my shell to bash, and now piping the output of gpg to more or less seems to work. My shell used to be tcsh. I had tried running bash, and then from that shell piping to less, but there it didn't work. But when my shell is bash in the first place, it does seem to work. I don't pretend to understand any of this. However, I guess the time has come for me to learn and adapt to using bash.... -Rob